Tel : 01543 308 000
Lichfield District Council
Bream, Carp, Eel, Perch, Pike, Roach & Tench
Day and season tickets available from the Ranger on site
- Concession Day Ticket - £3.00
- Adult Season Ticket - £65.00
- Concession Season Ticket - £35.00
- Night fishing is permitted but is restricted to designated areas
- Live bait must not be brought in or taken away from the pool
- No bloodworm or joker
- No tents (Bivvies permitted along the poolside only)
- Maximum of two rods per angler
- Anglers must not stay on one peg for more than 48 hours
- Use unhooking mats for specimen fish
- Anglers must not disturb any wildlife or plants in or around the pool
- Anglers are nor permitted to park on the grass
- No open fires
- Anglers must leave the pathways clear for the general public
- For safety reasons, we recommend that anglers under the age of 14 are to be accompanied by an adult
- During competitions anglers may be restricted to certain pegs
- Occupying 11 acres in the heart of Lichfield, Stowe Pool is designated a SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest) as is it home to native White-Clawed Crayfish.
- With 90 pegs, spaced 11m apart, the depth ranges from 3ft - 21ft.
Best local tactics :
- Light waggler with maggot fished on the drop for small roach perch & skimmers, is quite successful with regular amounts of loose feed.
- Pole fishing behind the weed beds works well for the smaller fish but beware of larger fish cruising the margins.
- Maggot feeder or open end feeder with plain brown crumb with maggot/caster/worm or corn fished well out finds the better bream/roach/perch and the occasional carp.
- For the carp angler, fishmeal or fruit flavoured boilies fished on normal tactics both close in and far out will sot out the specimens.
- Bread is worth a try, but beware of the ducks!