Tel : 01202 261 325
Borough of Poole
Carp, Roach & Rudd
- The lake was excavated in September 2006 and left to settle and 'mature' before it was stocked in October 2007.
- It is fed by natural springs, groundwater and rainwater. Only during very heavy rainstorms will the Bourne Stream overflow into it - Water levels are controlled by an outlet pipe.
- Two submerged islands created in the lake have become vegetated and will provide a refuge for fish.
- Two wooden fishing platforms have been provided, and earth 'ramps' created from the upper level to the lower terrace to allow access by wheelchair users.
- The lake edges slope gently to a depth in the centre of the lake of about 1.5-2m.
- The lake has been created and stocked courtesy of the Environment Agency's Angling Participation Projects funding, and the fishery is managed by local volunteers. Fishing here is free of charge - no permit required.